Friday, January 4, 2013

Wedding Planning!

Last June, our Foundation ran a very successful and very fun golf tournament and silent auction that we planned and pulled off in just 7 months. I thought that was a lot of work to put together... then I got engaged.

For anyone who has ever planned a wedding, you know that it is almost a full time job. My head is swimming every day with save-the-dates, engagement pictures, guest lists, flower options, food options, venue options, decoration options, dress options, accessory options, invitation options, options, options, options! Thank goodness for my mother who is flying back once a month to help me put some of the pieces in place and check major things off my list!

For now, these are some of the things I have checked off that I'm most excited about:

Bridesmaids! 
I am so blessed to have 6 amazing bridesmaids that will be with me on our big day! These girls have seen me though some of my best and some of my most difficult times. Without a doubt, I would not be who I am today without the love, laughs and support these girls have given me in the last 9 years!

To ask them to share in our day, I pulled an idea (read: stole) from Pinterest and an amazing blog, Rinse Repeat.  My bridesmaids are some of the most important people in the world to me so I wanted them to feel as wonderful as they are! I painted cigar boxes from Michaels in our wedding colors and put some goodies inside each box for each of the girls. Included were: individualized picture albums of me with each of the girls, info about the wedding location, date, etc, and a gift card to put toward their expenses since all but 2 will have to travel! They turned out so darn cute!

The goodies inside!

Wedding Day Info.
Mini Photo Albums




Dresses! 
Once all the girls said yes, we had to find a dress that would make them all feel beautiful! Thankfully Nordstrom came through with this beautiful Jenny Yoo dress.  The best part is that it can be worn in 15 different ways so each girl can choose what style looks best on her- or change the style every hour to have a different look! We chose it in purple, which definitely looks better than the color in the picture!
Flower Girls!
We have two of the cutest flower girls in the world! They are both daughters of Tim's great friends from high school and college and we are so blessed to have them joining us. Although my mother is opposed to them wearing white, I just had to have them in this sweet little dress from My Girl Dress. They will be so pretty- I can't wait to see them all dolled up!


Venue!
We looked at several different places to hold our wedding and finally settled on the golf course that my Dad had deemed one of the most beautiful courses he'd ever played on. That is a big statement for someone who played Pebble Beach and Augusta! So, after seeing the beautiful scenery of The Sanctuary Golf Course for ourselves, we were sold. It also didn't hurt that the backdrop for our ceremony is Pikes Peak- where we got engaged. This venue is a little slice of heaven and really brings the mountains a little closer to home. It's also a huge plus that the staff has been AMAZING to work with this entire time!

I've also checked off my dress (but you can't see it yet), the hotels for everyone to stay at (but that's boring to show), save-the-dates (mailed out!), registry, ceremony and reception music, food tasting, flowers, and invitations! So much more to plan and take care of but hopefully, as we get closer, all the pieces will fall into place. I can't wait for our big day to get here- less than 160 days to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment